I have never used a paid hookup site. Free ones haven’t done me any good and I’d like to know if paying for membership is worth it.
It depends on how deep your pockets are lined. If the 10 to 30 dollars will hurt you at the end of the month, then obviously, don’t do it. On the other hand, if you can spare a few dollars to join a premium hookup site, there are several benefits.
- First of all, you’ll be cutting through a lot of the spam you’d find on free sites saving you a lot of time and headaches.
- Members on paid sites are, without a doubt, a lot more serious about actually meeting up with other users and are not there to troll or “kill time”.
- Free sites are usually packed with younger men and women. If you’d like to meet someone a little more mature, paid sites will suit you much better.
- How would you like a helping hand from the site itself? Let’s face it, if people weren’t hooking up on paid sites, they’d be out of business in a heartbeat. A lot of them will usually promote your profile to other members in order to help you find what you’re looking for. A happy customer is a returning customer.
- The overall functionality of the site also differs from free to paid. On free sites, you’ll be able to do simple searches and send private messages. Paid sites often offer in-depth searches which allow you to find members you’re truly compatible with (and vice-versa). Video chatting, member screening, and open forums are just some of the other benefits paid sites have to offer.
- Safety. One of the most important reasons to join a paid dating site is safety. Free dating sites have absolutely no information on their members whereas paid ones, have their clients’ credit card information, name and address on file which are great deterrents for evil-doers.
Basically, if you can afford a paid dating site, go for it, your odds of actually hooking up will increase ten fold.